Spread The Love Nominations
The City of Wheat Ridge, Compass Montessori School and Localworks, are teaming up to assist Wheat Ridge seniors and disabled residents with small household clean-up projects.
Each year, Wheat Ridge Compass Montessori School students spend February 14th, Valentine’s Day, volunteering in the community during their “Spread The Love” campaign. Along with the students, the Wheat Ridge Police Department Community Services Team and Localworks assist local residents with home clean-up projects. Small household clean-up projects that will be tackled by the students and volunteers could include lawn raking, weeding, outside storage removal, dog walking, shoveling, lawn blowing, small limb cutting and removal, and driveway graveling.
Students, officers, and volunteers will work together on these or other small tasks for Wheat Ridge residents/occupants in need of additional assistance with exterior property maintenance and care.
To submit the name and address of a Wheat Ridge resident who qualifies for the Spread the Love property clean-up campaign, call 303-235-2998 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations is Monday, February 3, 2020.
WRPD Recruitment Open House
Come to the WRPD Recruitment Open House to learn more about a career in law enforcement! February 19, 2020
6 - 6:30 p.m.
Meet and Greet! Mingle with members of our department.
6:30 - 8 p.m.
Hear first-hand experiences about day-to-day calls for service from a panel that includes a new recruit, a field training officer, a junior as well as a senior officer, and family members.
You will learn about training and advancement opportunities through our department, as well as what our panel members wish they had known when they first became involved in Law Enforcement.
We welcome you to bring your family to the open house to meet members of our department and their families to ask any questions.
Apply today: http://bit.ly/WRPDApplyNow (Deadline to apply is March 1, 2020)
Learn more about our department: http://bit.ly/JoinWRPDToday
Snacks and drinks will be provided.
If you aren’t able to attend the Open House, be sure to tune in LIVE on Facebook. We will start the Live video at 6:30 during the panel.
|Code Enforcement||(303) 235-2926|
|Crime Prevention||(303) 235-2910|
(303) 237-2220 press 5
|Police Records||(303) 235-2921|
|Telephone Reporting Unit||(303) 235-2944|
|Public Information Officer||(303) 235-2877|
- Submit a crime tip
- Become a WRPD Police Officer
- Report identity theft
- Find neighborhood crime statistics
- Get a copy of a police or accident report
- Get a security assessment of my business or home
- Participate in the Citizen's Police Academy
- Report graffiti
- Request police records
- Ride Along with an Officer
- Sign up for emergency notifications
- Volunteer for the Wheat Ridge Police Department
- Annual Reports
- Coyote Management Plan
- Critical Incident Response Team Policies & Procedures (multi-agency): The Wheat Ridge Police Department participates in a multi-agency team for an independent investigation, evaluation, and review of incidents involving discharge of a weapon by an officer that results in injury or death. The team may also be called upon to investigate other critical incidents where a citizen was injured by an officer acting under the color of official law enforcement duties. The Critical Incident Response Team conducts the investigation under the supervision of the First Judicial District Attorney's Office.