RTD G Line
The Wheat Ridge · Ward Station is the end-of-line station for the RTD G Line commuter rail. The G Line runs 11.2 miles from our station in Wheat Ridge, through Arvada, Adams County, and Denver to the downtown Union Station. The G Line is expected to open later this year. Commuter rail has many new, different features than light rail. Commuter rail trains carry more passengers, operate at higher speeds, make fewer stops, and offer different cargo space options for travelers. The commuter rail train also operates on the A Line which provides service to Denver International Airport.
The G Line opened Friday, April 26, 2019. For more information on train service, visit RTD's page: http://www.rtd-denver.com/g-line.shtml.
Rail Safety Tips
To ensure public safety, please be aware of – and obey – all signs and safety devices such as gate arms and flashers. If a train passes and the gates remain down, please be patient. There may be another train coming from a different direction. Please always look both ways before crossing the tracks. Even at low speeds, a collision with a train can be deadly to pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists.
Please use caution when crossing rail lines or when at the station area. Keep in mind these important safety tips for you and your family:
- Never trespass on any train track — it is illegal and dangerous.
- Cross the tracks only at designated crossings, always follow safety signage and obey warning devices like flashing red lights and gate arms.
- Stay alert and look both ways for a train — you may not hear them coming.
- Stay off station platforms until they are open to the public.
- Be patient and don’t ever try to outrun the train, on foot or in your car.
- Don't ever try and drive around the barriers.
For additional information or concerns related to the G Line:
- RTD Customer Care: 711 or 303-299-6000
- RTD Crossing Gate Malfunctions: 303-299-3911
- RTD After Hours Emergencies: 800-848-8715
- RTD G Line Information
- RTD News Archive
- City of Wheat Ridge Station Area Planning
- City of Wheat Ridge Station Area Infrastructure Projects